Books vs. Music
It all came down to this.
Well people…the day finally came and went. Two months of nonstop work on our new house - all for our first housewarming party.
- Someone tried picking up broken glass with their bare hands. Fail.
- With all the food we had on hand, I barely got any.
- Got one of the new neighbors hammered. Success.
- The lawn got torched. That’s how we “adults” roll apparently.
- It’s after 2:00AM. That’s what we do in this neighborhood now people. Recognize.
- Above all else, the first party was a success - and I still managed to score a s’more. Boom!
The rhythm is going to get me.
So many good shows out there. I try to resist - but, the purchase of my latest ticket (for Mudhoney) pushed me to map out the past, present and future months to come.
Shows seen thus far:
Chevelle (March 14, 2013)
Eric Clapton (April 2, 2013)
Sevendust with Coal Chamber (April 23, 2013)
Carolina Rebellion (May 5, 2013) (Soundgarden, Rise Against, Bush, Buckcherry and Nonpoint to name a few.)
Clutch (May 7, 2013)
Dave Matthews (July 24, 2013)
Mudhoney (September 25, 2013)
Shows I have to miss:
Smashing Pumpkins with Awolnation
Summerland Tour (Everclear, Live, Filter and Sponge)
Fallout Boy (sold out)
Shows still on the table:
Matchbox Twenty and the Goo Goo Dolls
Valient Thorr (The lead singer just makes me smile. If you ever saw them play, you’d understand.)
Bruno Mars with Fitz and the Tantrums (Naturally, I could do without Bruno Mars - but, Fitz and the Tantrums would be so much fun.)
Shows that were too much $$$:
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
(I saw Clapton for a fraction of the cost and had WAY better seats for it.)
LIfe may be busy and kicking my ass these days - but, I took a break from doing house chores to see Eric Clapton for the first time in many, many years. Needless-to-say: The show was damn good. (Thanks EC!)